With the HippoCritter Media Server, you can do everything you can do with its bigger brothers. If you only need to run 4 video layers and you don’t need dual/pan output or HD media then the HippoCritter Rackmount might be the solution for your project. To sum up, the Critter offers built-in media encoding, full timeline capabilities, full effects banks, ScreenWarp and PixelMapper, all without compromise. Also, because the HippoCritter Media Server supports full HippoNet functionality it will integrate fully into any project big or small.
The HippoCritter retains all the engine elements so you’ll still get rich media playback up to a resolution of 720 x 576 and our highly acclaimed frame-blending too. You also get the addition of built-in composite video capture functionality.
The HippoCritter Media Server can ultimately add a whole new dimension to your event. Capable of running up to four video layers, the Critter is, therefore, a powerful device for media playback. Control options via DMX and Artnet, along with MIDI and various other integration options mean lighting and video convergence are yet another step closer.
Features the latest version software with onboard Media Encoding, extensive effects banks, Screen Warping, Pixel Mapping, and a comprehensive Timeline control capability, the Critter has all the features you may need in a Media Server. The Critter can run up to four simultaneous video layers at 720 x 576, or a single 1920 x 1080 layer. The video outputs are via DVI, and the Critter also features a composite video input that can be manipulated with any effects as if it were a video layer. The HippoCritter Media Server is also supplied with a selection of stock footage preloaded. Furthermore the Critter can playback most popular video formats, including .mpeg and .mov files.
- Case Type: 1U Rackmount
- Ambient Operating Temperature Range: 5 – 35 C (40 – 95 F)
- Humidity Tolerance: 5% – 95% (non condensing)
- Altitude Tolerance: 0-8850ft (0 – 2700m)
- Voltage: 108 – 240v 50-60Hz Auto-Switching
- Power Consumption: 2.5 amps
- Media Drives:1
- Total Media Storage Space
Max Output Resolution: 1280 x 720, 1024 x 768
- Outputs: VGA, DVI, Composite Video, Component RGB, S-Video, RS232, Ethernet control, DMX over Ethernet, HippoNet and Audio (using 3rd party sound device)
- Inputs: Composite Video, S-Video*, RS232*, Midi*, DMX512, DMX over Ethernet
- Supported Media Formats: Quicktime, MPEG1, MPEG2, AVI, Windows Media, MPEG4, DIVX, DV, MP3, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, TGA
- Maximum Media Size: 1280 x 720 (maximum 2 layers) 720 x 576 (maximum 4 layers)
- Number of Media Layers: 4
- Length: 470 mm (18.50 inches)
- Width: 310 mm (12.20 inches)
- Height: 45 mm (1.77 inches)
- Weight: 5.1 Kg
In addition to the HippoCritter Media Server, you may also be interested in the Hippotizer Rackoon that we also have in stock.