The Defender MIDI 5 Cable Protector has many of the same features as the Defender 3 series, however, it has a lower height profile of 52mm and has five cable ducts. Each of the five channels is 34 x 36mm and are protected by a hinged, yellow polyethene lid. Like the Defender 3 series, the Defender MIDI 5 has class B2 fire resistance and also is resistant to oils, acids, solvents and petrol. It has been tested to have a load-bearing capacity of 5 tonnes per 20cm square.
These heavy-duty cable crossovers are for use across roadways and walkways as well as open venues. In fact, they can be used anywhere that cables are left exposed in hostile environments. For example, construction sites, warehousing, carnivals, exhibitions and music events. Coloured black and yellow for high visibility and consequently maximum public safety. In addition, the top surfaces have anti-slip treads with no ridges or crevices to trip a pedestrian.
Each section interlocks using removable connector plugs to make continuous lengths and will withstand vehicle loadings (from a typical 200mm x 200mm tyre imprint) of up to 5 tons so even the largest articulated truck can pass over safely. The body of the Defender MIDI 5 is manufactured from pressure-moulded polyurethane. In addition, this has a textured non-skid top surface and bottom, even when wet. The lid is moulded polyethene, which is highly durable in extreme weather conditions. Not only that, but the Defender MIDI 5 also has a patented self-cleaning hinge that omits internally collected dirt to retain a clear track.
- Heavy-duty, non-slip all-round cable protector made of black, recyclable polyurethane with built-in carrying handles
- Yellow polyurethane lid with high warning effect and secure closure
- Patented, self-cleaning lid hinge
- 5 channels 34 x 36 mm
- The load-bearing is capacity approximately 5 t / 20 x 20 cm
- Fire resistance class B2 (DIN 4102)
- DEKRA-certified (DIN 31000, EN 61537)
- Resistant to oil, acid, petrol and short-term contact with solvents
- Length: 870 mm
- Width: 538 mm
- Height: 55 mm
- Weight 13.5 kg
- Reliable protection for cables and personnel for indoor and outdoor use